Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Sweater Vest

Now that I've finished both front of my sweater, it looks like a sweater vest. I don't usually like sweater vests, so this is very motivating for me to start and finish the sleeves. However, I will say that this particular sweater vest is a nice-looking one, except that it's not sewn together yet. I'm very excited to finish all the pieces and start sewing it together, because that's when I think the project really starts to come together and look like the intended product.

To my surprise and pleasure, the two fronts look pretty much identical. I was slightly worried that one would turn out longer than the other, or the waistbands wouldn't match up, or that anything else that could go wrong would, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that not everything I make turns out lopsided. They match up pretty well, and if there are any slight differences, I should be able to fix them when I sew the whole thing together.

The rest of this project could get pretty interesting just about now, simply because of how gauge changes. Since I'm in the midst of applying for college and getting through senior year and doing everything else necessary to survive, my yarn tension may change a bit, and one of the sleeves could turn out quite a bit smaller than the other. But that would be a mistake that would probably make me laugh more than anything else, so if anything were to go wrong, I would want it to be that. Hopefully, though, I'll maintain my present level of sanity and keep the gauge close to where it is at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment