Sunday, October 2, 2011

Checked Off the List

Left Front
Even with my incredibly busy week and full to-do list I managed to finish the left front of my sweater. I'm very excited about it because now it's beginning to come together and look like a sweater, making me want to finish the whole thing even faster.

This piece didn't give me too much trouble, except picking up stitches on either side of the waistband. But for me, that's to be expected. I have one more waistband to go and I'm counting down the number of pieces of the sweater that will require me to pick up stitches from the ends of rows.

Now that one out of two fronts is done and I've started on the second, I'm getting a little worried about the pieces that may not be as straightforward and easy as the first three pieces. I have had trouble with sleeves in the past, and the collar and edging will definitely be an interesting and challenging experience. I can only hope that I won't be tearing out my work multiple times. But right now, I'll just focus on my second front and keep checking the pieces off of my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment