Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hello Again

Alright. It's been a while since my last post. But it hasn't been a while since I worked on my sweater. During the month that I missed posting, I finished my two sleeves and a frontband, including sewing the frontband to the sweater. I pinned on the buttons, which are very cute, I might add, and am working on the other frontband with the buttonholes. That could be interesting. Although, as my aunt pointed out, everything that I thought would be difficult about this project has been relatively easy for me. Except the part where I actually have to get up and do it.

My goal is to finish the sweater by Christmas, which I think is pretty reasonable, seeing as I only have a frontband and the collar to finish knitting. Then sewing those pieces on, along with the sleeves, and blocking it. Oh, and the loose ends. That could take until Valentine's Day. But at least it will look like a sweater.

I haven't really encountered any problems worth going into detail about. The sleeves were pretty straight forward, although I had a hard time trying to get them to be the exact same length. Let's just hope that one of my arms is slightly longer than the other. Grafting the shoulders together was definitely tricky, and took more than one try. I think in that situation, I was too focused on it looked perfect that I forgot to remember that perfect is not my goal. Those little imperfections will give the sweater character. 

Well, I've got to go start on the next frontband. I included photos of all the pieces that I've finished, and the pieces put together to look passably like a sweater. I'm very excited to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!


All the buttons have different flowers on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment