Tuesday, March 13, 2012

So Close Yet So Far (well, not really)

I am almost done with my sweater! At this moment, it's sitting downstairs on a towel drying out, and it's taking way too long. I'm so close, but it's taking so long to dry and I want to wear it and say that I've finished it NOW! Funny how motivation kicks in only when you're at the stage where waiting is the only thing you can do.


Sewing in all the ends was a nightmare, although there was quite a bit of NCAA pre-tournament basketball action on TV to keep me going. I ended up crocheting the sleeves on, which, according to Aunt Michale, will be a stronger attachment than just sewing. Plus, I learned how to crochet, so that was a plus. Then I just used the mattress stitch to sew the sides together, soaked it, and blocked it. I still have to sew on the buttons, but once it dries and I do that, it'll be finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment